The SFE announces two great changes that will revolutionize the work place in our institutions. Two new policies will be implemented and will affect the whole staff.
The first alternative is perfect for teleworking since the suitcase desk can be delivered straight to your home.
Thanks to this new concept there will be no more hot desking problems! No need to put your things in order in a box... In this case you only have to leave them on your desk and close your "suitcase desk"…
What a save of space! Only 2m² on the ground (1m² once closed)!
You will also discover how thrilling it is to discover different places in your floor and even move from a building to another.
You can choose to put your suitcase desk:
· Close to the window when it is sunny and you arrived before everyone else.
· Close to the way to the elevator, to be in contact with your colleagues and the technicians who walk through that way;
· Or, close to the bathroom in case of emergency…
This second alternative is perfect for itinerant people who often have to move between DG/Office/executive agencies. You will also be able to bring your desk with you at the cafeteria. Think about your flexitime!
After almost ten years of tests conducted on the staff of executive agencies…and since there have been no dissenting opinion expressed on that matter, we hereby inform you of the results of our survey and of the measures that will be taken in a non-discriminatory fashion towards the whole staff of the institutions. In fact, the new commission aspires to secure the principle of equal opportunities at every level and in every institution!
Here is an exclusive preview of this new policy:
· Social dialogue will only be available to people from the Commission
· Trade unions will become "personae non gratae"
· Anyone can have his tasks withdrawn from him from one day to the next with no preliminary negotiations. You will be offered the possibility to be redirected and start over in your DG/Office/executive agencies.
· The role of trade unions will be limited to discussing petty internal grievances (problems related to air conditioners, panel membership, and organisation of general assemblies to report what is going on internally concerning changes of rules (GIP) that have been negotiated within the Commission). No resources, secondment or mission will be allocated to them. Only volunteering … and that of course, outside Core Time !
· The colleagues from the Commission will be subjected to the same rules and will benefit from the very same rights as executive agencies: permanent contracts subjected to the life span of their executive agencies or DG, no access to internal recruitment exams , no access to available jobs in other DG/Offices/executive agencies because they will be reserved to the statutory personnel of the DG/Offices/ executive agencies …
The SFE wishes you a happy April Fools' Day !!!!
This may sound absurd; however, the part concerning social dialogue describes the everyday life of our colleagues working in executive agencies.
If you do not want this come true, the staff should support its representatives because…
Together we can ensure that the whole staff has the same rights no matter where they work!Back