REFORM OF OUR STAFF REGULATIONS
What's the state of play?
STOP THE DISINFORMATION
Many colleagues contact us because they read or hear alarming information about the reform of our Staff Regulations.
STOP to disinformation, to rumours, to declarations of the intention of some Member States.
We must stick to the proposal from the Commission; the reform process is subject to co-decision and the "trialogue" between Commission-Parliament-Council has not even officially started. Other institutions have not yet taken an official position and we no longer expect that the reform comes into force on 1 January 2013.
What contains the proposal of the Commission?
• 5% cuts of staff
• 40h Week instead of 37h30 and suppression of general measures of flexible working time for senior staff
• New remuneration adjustment method and crisis levy of 6%
• Reduced travel time and travel allowances, adaptation of annual rules for reimbursement of removals expenses and missions
• Early retirement age increased to 58 years and legal pension age increased to 65 years
• New AST/SC career for the secretaries who will be recruited after the reform's implementation
• AST Careers modified: AST10 AST11 grades will be subject to conditions (link between responsibility and grade)
• Possibility of extension of the maximum length of contracts of CA from 3 to 6 years and organisation of internal competitions open to CA under certain conditions
• Creation of a new class of TA in the executive and regulatory agencies
What is NOT in the Commission proposal?
• The elimination or reduction of the expatriation allowance
• A reduction in the annual accumulation rate for pension
• Another method of calculating our pensions
• An additional tax on pensions
• A change in the frequency of steps
Let's stop considering the wish list of some Member States as given! Their desiderata do not represent the official position of the Council.
Let's stop anticipating the reform!
For additional information, visit our website http://www.conf-sfe.org/en/ or contact us !Back